Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Thirty-Sixth

Though I usually do abandon my projects, I didn't desert my blog willingly. China, as you may know, censors its internet, and whatever algorithm they use to do it appears to be deeply flawed. C and I were always mid-lesson plan when the government would suddenly get ticked off at our excessive viewings of grammar activity pages and block all Google searches or all image searches or all blogs by Mormon women (for example).

Usually we just had to leave it alone for a few minutes and then the pages would load again (simple, but really not helpful when we'd left the lesson planning till the last minute), but occasionally some things became consistently blocked for several months.

Such was the fate of Blogspot for all my remaining months in China.

So, hello again! Tales of unemployment in California shall be forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment