Tuesday, December 29, 2009

The Forty-Fifth



Am
gave
Mom
purple
hiking
undies
for
the
holidays.




Today was an astonishingly productive day.

I

applied for jobs,
studied Spanish,
cleaned up the majority of the holiday accumulations,
went through all my receipts and paid my bills,
and went to the gym.

It's been a long, long, long, long time since I had a day like that, and I didn't even set out to! I merely started looking at jobs, thinking I could probably talk my lazy butt into completing a quickie application, and then I found several and did it right. And then the lady from Casa Hispana called and said they were going to evaluate me when I visited, and I really want them to put me in the advanced class, and I had the Spanish book right there. And then Em called to make a gym date for later in the afternoon. And then I thought, in the meantime, I really ought to pay my bills today, because they're due in two days, and who knows what effect New Year's will have on online payments going through. And to pay the bills, I had to find all my receipts, which I scatter to the four winds over the course of month.

And as my mother always said, "If you can't find something, clean everything up."

(That, by the way, is excellent advice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment