Friday, April 10, 2009

The Eighteenth

















In an email, I wrote:


Subject: I love my baby today. As I did yesterday. And the day before yesterday. And the day before that, and the day before that, and the day before that, and...

And I'm going to love him tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that... \infty

[And then I posted a bunch of links to lolcats pictures and a pair of sneakers I'm considering.]



And he replied:

all those lolcats are funny. Because he is respecting my wishes that he reply to my efforts, even if I only send links.
those are MEN'S shoes. what's up with that? Because he is too by-the-book to overlook such a thing. and they are meh Because he is honest.

http://pbh2.blogspot.com/2009/04/chimp-makes-friends-with-white-tiger.html Because he always sends me links to cute, fuzzy things.

i was reading 11 Predictions That Back to the Future Part II Got Right. the whole list is probably won't be interesting to you (i freaking love that movie! Because sometimes his enthusiasm makes him so boyish.) but check this one out:

Video conferencing. Why were people in the past always been so obsessed with video conferencing? It's in every science fiction movie and book and on every future predictions list. Video conferencing has to be the number one thing science fiction begged for... we got... and then we all instantly got over.

We have free video chat capability now and we don't really use it. And you know why? Most of the time, we humans look like shit. It happens to all of us the first time we video chat -- we turn on Skype, connect with our friend, turn on our laptop's built-in camera... and recoil in horror at ourselves. The lighting is bad and the angle the camera shoots you is somehow worse. It's hard to focus on a conversation when all you can do is remember how much work it takes you on a day-to-day basis to be presentable to society.

So, yes, "Back to the Future Part II"... it's 2009 and we humans can Skype video chat whenever we want. But we don't. And for those who do... at least 90 percent of those video chats are primarily about one person trying to convince the other person to get nude.


made me lol and think of us.

dan and i went to bj's for lunch (it's a nice place, you and i should go there for lunch or dinner Because he knows I love to go out with him.). got a couple of beers, came back to the office and haven't done [anything] since so a nice relaxing friday.

see you soon, love you. Because he immediately and consistently stopped using "u" instead of "you" for me because he knew how strongly I felt about it (however silly that is).




And then he replied again:


by the way

And I'm going to love him tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that, and the day after that..
that's a hell of a promise. i hope you are right about that for both of us. i miss you a lot

Because he is perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment