Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Seventeenth: Going to Bed

I'm pretty happy here in ole China these days. The only true thorn in my side is a wildly off-kilter sleeping schedule that's been mucking things up. I don't know what my issue with going to bed is, but it's been around since childhood, and it always flares to magnificent proportions when I have a varied daily schedule, as I did in college and do now.

Going to bed is just so unappealing. Either I can continue to get things done or to relax with various fun forms of entertainment, or I can abruptly stop what I'm doing, lie down, and do...nothing.

I'll only do it at whatever time I actively start falling asleep, which is always later and later into the night. And now I'm going to bed at 4am and waking up today at 1:37pm.

When I'm home, in addition to his many other fine qualities, A is especially wonderful because he always goes to bed at the same time every night (between 10 and 11pm), and he always drags me with him. And when A is there, it's so fun to go to bed! He's warm and nice, and we get to talk without the TV, and he spoons me (cheesy, I know, but he's really good at it, so shhhh) until I fall asleep.

And then suddenly I'm regularly getting plenty of sleep at the correct time, and that really makes the rest of life so eeeaasy.

And, you know, who wouldn't want to climb into bed with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment