Monday, March 16, 2009

The Tenth: Fitness Update

I don't look like this quite yet.

HOWEVER, I did run for the first time yesterday since I got sick. I decided to redo the last week of my training, which I'm trying not to be too sad about (I had perfect compliance with my training schedule before I got sick) . Fortunately, practicality has its own rewards: the running yesterday was not too strenuous and therefore felt pretty good, so now I am not tempted to let last week's hiatus derail me completely. It was a beautiful day, too, and nice to be out in the sun. It looks as if I will be able to switch to shorts soon and leave off wearing my deeply silly spandex pants (they have bell-bottoms), and we're all very grateful for that.

The new food regimen is going okay. It's only two days old, but so far I've been conscientious about eating breakfast, lunch, and snacks as I should. Oddly, though I'm eating those things more frequently and eating better gonna-stick-to-my-ribs stuff at those times, I've been pretty hungry. Maybe my body's just adjusting? It's been a long time since I ate moderate amounts regularly instead of large amounts infrequently, so I suspect I still can't distinguish the finer points of hunger and satiation.

I still haven't bought any veggies (sleeping got in the way on Sunday morning and napping got in the way this afternoon). It didn't matter yesterday because I had a scrumptious (as E would say) dinner with the Spaniard&friends last night, but tonight I missed the veggies when I had only my hard-boiled egg to keep me company.

Done:
Bought/hard-boiled eggs
Bought bananas
Bought bread for the week (I hope it doesn't mold)
Asked Mom to mail more Grape-Nuts
Mixed up more milk
Chopped up more pineapple for easy noshing

Still To Do:
Buy veggies
Order granola so Mom can mail with Grape-Nuts
Run tomorrow
Ask Song to have two more yogurts delivered

Plan:
Order the granola tonight
Get up at 7am tomorrow to run and eat breakfast before 1st period
After 1st period, print/make copies for Special Class and buy veggies
Wait to ask about yogurt till later this week when go to make keys with Song (she's very busy now)

1 comment: